(last updated 25/03/20 4pm) The outbreak of COVID- 19 is already having an impact on many of you. Information and advice from Government is changing quickly- we'll endeavour to review and update below often for you.
A reminder that above all in this challenging time coming together as a community is paramount. Look after yourself, your family, your elderly and your neighbours. Err on the side of caution. Together, we WILL get through this, and we will thrive- a growth mindset is SO important right now!
I hope as always that you can find here a space to lean on and find support. We're here for you, I'm here for you.
Support Each Other, Support Small Business
If you have questions about support packages, essential services or other information regarding your business and trading through Coronavirus, we urge you to check in with your accountant, financial advisor and the official government sources (see below) for the latest updates.
We have seen a lot of support in our community over the past few days, but also a lot of confusion and misinformation. What is shared online as official or 'correct' information may or may not be unless it has come from an official source. You need to verify this for yourself.
If you need more support, motivation and guidance through this time, join us as a Member- we're talking daily online in our private Facebook group and Zoom co working and support sessions on how to make it through this tough time. It's easier together!
Mental Health, Anxiety Support
This is a testing time for a lot of us. Many of our owners are feeling confusion about the right path forward and of course fear. Please lean on our community for support and follow the NZ Mental Health Foundation. We'll release more resources tailored for you from our community as they are provided in the coming weeks!
Be aware of advice for business from the NZ Government. This guidance will assist businesses and employers with:
Govt website: https://covid19.govt.nz
IRD/ Employment support: https://workandincome.govt.nz/…/a-z-…/covid-19-support.html…
Retail NZ latest updates: http://www.retail.kiwi/…/talking-shop-newsletter/coronavirus
Retail NZ FAQ's: http://www.retail.kiwi/advice/covid-19-faqs
According to Retail NZ: "as of today the Government has not made a decision about online retailing. It is still considering this point and we are not sure what the timing of the decision will be. In the meantime, unless your store features on the list above, we advise you not to trade online."
• Business.govt.nz for latest Covid-19 info for businesses (inc. more on info on available funding)
• Updates on border changes and policy to support business
• Importing and exporting and where to access relevant information
• Financial support for your business may be available to you through the Inland Revenue
• Coronavirus and the workplace - guidance for Employers
Our friends at Facebook:
- have launched a small business resource hub to help you manage through Covid- 19
- have a suite of free tools to help you learn to market better using Facebook
- a dedicated site to help you make the most of Instagram during COVID-19
- are offering a limited number of small business grants (to be opened soon)
Business Continuity Plan Free Workbook:
Get Prepared offers a free business continuity template to help you work through your plan in times of crisis.
No insurance? Not sure if you're covered? Here's where to start.
Resilient Organisations Free Booklets:
Resilient Organisations are experts in risk and resilience and aim to help small businesses thrive in any environment. They have a range of free booklets available to download including:
- Striving Through: Managing your business through a crisis
- Shut Happens: Resilience for small businesses
- Cover Your Assets: A guide to commercial insurance
- Staffed or Stuffed: Creating resilience through your people.