So you know to grow your business you need to be getting more eyes on your offer, but making that happen is hard?
If you're like me and lots of our Members, roadblocks like:
- not wanting to put yourself out there
- being ready and willing but not knowing what the heck to say
- and thinking you know what to say but then saying it and getting crickets 🤷🏻♀️
slow you down, knock your confidence and give that niggly little voice on your shoulder telling you you ain't got it in you way too much airtime 🥴.
I hear you because I've been there! But I've learnt a few tricks along the way and today I'm going to sharing one with you that I hope is going to help you go from content paralysis to energetic creator who shares content that engages, resonates and critically... converts!
It's my three go to Content Pillars that I turn to when I know I need to start getting content out there that works.
Best news is, if you're a Member, today I'm kicking off our very first LIVE 20 Minute Content Challenge!
Get out your post it notes, and join me live for 20 minutes of bootstrapping brain dumping content that coverts! It's magic because creative ideas don't just come easily for many people. This challenge holds space for you to get into a high energy, can do vibe and let those creative juices fly.
You'll end up with a month of conversion content ideas to share- and that niggling 'I don't know what to post about today' voice in your eye gone for good 💥
If you're not a Member yet, you can still get going at home with this- here's how:
Content Pillar 1- Connection
This is a Content Pillar I LOVE because it comes straight from the heart and doesn't require a lot of prep. It's also the content that also often goes viral or gets more reach, because it's emotional content that people feel compelled to comment on and share = wins all round!
So what is Connection Content? Connection Content is content that attracts and resonates with your ideal customer. It's community building, and helps your customers feel aligned both to you, and each other.
It doesn't have to be 'how to' content, it could simply be a pick of you working from home, a funny meme that you share that you know will make them laugh, or something that irks you that will fire them up too!
For example, at She Owns It I might share a gritty, encouraging post about the real life reality of life as a woman in biz, because my ideal customer is women in biz who are facing the same stuff but following their dreams despite it, and they want to feel seen and normal and encouraged.
To know what Connection Content to share, you need to know who your Ideal Customer is, the struggles they face and their values. When you talk about these things it tells you customer you get them, you're like them and you understand. It helps them get to know you, and understand that when they're ready to purchase, they want to purchase from YOU.
So to brainstorm some actual Connect Content ideas ask yourself:
- what makes me relatable to my audience?
- what makes my audience laugh, feel inspired, encouraged, fired up?
- what struggles are your audience facing that you've overcome yourself?
- what do you stand for when it comes to your industry?
- what do you stand against?
Content Pillar 2- Zone Of Genius
OK so now you've got some eyes on your biz, it's time to position yourself as an expert in your field and build trust with your audience. This is your chance to showcase why and how you do what you do, and start prepping people to purchase.
Here's some questions to ask yourself to brain dump some Zone Of Genius Content:
- What are some frequently asked questions I get?
- What do I want my business to be known for?
- What 'how to's' can I share?
- What are some tips and tricks you've learnt along the way?
Content Pillar 3- Softly Selling
So I hear time and time again that selling on social media feels icky. And I get that, and it's true, when it's not done right! So here's a trick of the trade for you.
- You don't have to constantly sell on social media
- Instead, make sure your Bio's clearly link through to how people can buy or work with you
Then, in your content you:
- Tell people about WHY you sell what you sell, why you're so passionate about what you do
- Celebrate your customer wins and when you get good reviews
- Talk about fears and objections that people have with purchasing in your space, and let them know how/ why they can move past those
- Show people behind the scenes of the customer experience with you
- Get EXCITED about what's going on it your biz. When you have a sale, when you launch something new, instead of selling in, share your great news with a community of people you love
All of these ⤴️ things gently lead customers to understand what you do, how you do it and help overcome objections to purchasing with you. Without feeling sleazy!
That sounds awesome, but I still feel like I need help Rach 😬
If that sounds like you, don't despair! Sometimes we need an extra hand figuring it all out and actually just sitting down and getting those ideas out of your brain and into the world.
The good news is, as I said above inside the Membership we're launching a new monthly 20 Minute Content Challenge 🙌🏽
It's perfect for you if you recognise that holding space to actually get sh*t done with a crew that cares is a powerful way to make things happen in your biz.
We'd love to you to join us and Members as usual the recording will be available inside the Members Only Facebook Group, but as ya'll know, it's more fun to come live!
See you there, with epic content creating vibes
Hi! I'm Rach
I'm the Founder of She Owns it. I love helping Kiwi women grow their businesses through mentorship, coaching and community.